Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wall color to paint, to match/go-with a lipstick-red leather couch!?!?

I have a lovely piece of furniture: a lipstick-red, leather couch. It is the focus point in my living room, and I want to paint my walls (cuz they are white)!! I have NO CLUE which colors look good, or go with red...and i do NOT want GREEN! PLEASE, can someone help me decide which colors might look good to pain on my walls?? THANKS =)Wall color to paint, to match/go-with a lipstick-red leather couch!?!?
try this: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yo鈥?/a>





(click on the color vizualizer)





I fooled around with it a bit and found a nice beige tone that worked well with red couchesWall color to paint, to match/go-with a lipstick-red leather couch!?!?
I would pick something buttery. A beige with a lot of yellow.





Lots of places sell small samples so you can paint part of your wall to get a feel for the color. Benjamin Moore does this and they are also known for their great color selection!





(I agree about the green, it would always make me think about Christmas!)





If you want to go cool instead of warm, I would think about a very light color. Gray probably, but maybe light purple.
tan or beige... take a picture of your couch or a fabric sample from your couch and take it to lowes or home depot to pick a shade that compliments your couch
I'd say something with a yellow tone. Even something with a brown tone might go as well.
if you want a contemporary look i would suggest a grey in a medium or dark tone, i am a contractor and see a lot of red furnishings and the grey walls compliment it very well...one home owner also added some black and white art to the walls so she had a bold red couch,dark grey walls and black and white art and it was a very classy looking room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services