Saturday, November 28, 2009

What is a good lipstick or gloss for a dark skin complexion? Such as color?

I'm no expert by any means but I do read a lot of beauty and fashion magazines - or used to rather - now, I don't really care that much. It seems usually colors in the ';berry'; shades naturally suit our skin tones. I would recommend that you go to a Macy's or other department store that has an extensive makeup dept. and staff to assist you. That way you could test different colors and get direct opinions from someone that works everyday with the products. Check out the Iman line which is for women of color.What is a good lipstick or gloss for a dark skin complexion? Such as color?
Van87,





I recommend lux glo: brown sugar, diabla, dr. red russian, adios mo-fo.


http://www.coonobabe.com/luxglo.html





The lux glo glosses are highly pigmented, and work really well with darker skin tones. Brown sugar is a perrenial favorite, the current trend is bright red, and coral, of which diabla, dr. red russian, and adios mo-fo are excellent choices. Hope this answers your question.What is a good lipstick or gloss for a dark skin complexion? Such as color?
People with dark skin are a little more limited with color selection, unfortunately. I'm pretty dark, though I'm sure I'm not the darkest African American you've seen, and I struggle with finding colors that work for me. Reds and pinks just never seem to look right, unless their extremely sheer.





The main gloss that I would recommend is Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Coffee Gleam. It's a beautiful gold/brown color with glitter in it that goes with just about every makeup look you can imagine and works very well with dark skin tones. It's the closest we can get to a nude lip gloss with a nice color to it. In fact, many of Revlon's lipsticks work well with dark skin -- I haven't bought any yet, but I know they have plenty of gorgeous brown colors that would look nice. So I definitely recommend checking out that section and seeing if there's anything you like. :)
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    hosting services